pchelpathome.co.nz - the computer service that comes to you
I assist home and small business users in the East Auckland area with PC hardware problems, virus infections, Windows re-installation, PC training, PC tune-ups, software updates, hardware upgrades, home networks and internet & broadband. If you have any questions, refer to the contact page. You have got nothing to lose by contacting me, as I have a No Cure No Pay policy.
PC hardware problems
PCs often suffer from a variety of problems when trying to communicate with peripheral components like printers, scanners, cameras etc. This is usually a software problem but can occasionally be a hardware problem. Usually this problem can be identified and fixed within an hour.
Do your friends or family tell you that you have send them a virus? Does your PC display unknown errors or does it slow down significantly? These are signs that your PC could be infected with a virus or it could hide unknown spy-ware. Several users have complained to me about telephone bills with astronomical charges. This is because their system was hijacked due to a lack of safeguards and training.
I can totally clear your PC and re-install the Windows operating system and other software, so it works as smoothly as when you bought your PC from the factory. Any data you want to retain can be backed up before this process and restored onto your newly installed system. Please note that you will need to have the original Windows installation CD.
One on one professional training available
- Windows and file management
- Word Processing and email
- Photo editing and management in Windows
PC Tune-up for slow and malfunctioning PCs
Does your PC freeze up, display Blue Error Screens or lose the ability to run certain programs? These problems are typically software related and they are often frustrating. Usually a brief look at the problem will reveal the solution to me and most can be fixed in 1 to 2 hours.
- Crashed email accounts
- Windows crashes
- System errors
- Slow programs and Internet browsing
Upgrades and Modifications
PC technology changes fast and you may feel you need a new PC every year to keep up. In most cases a minor upgrade would suffice. The following can be added to improve the performance of your PC;
- A new processor or extra memory can give your PC a big boost
- Larger or extra hard drive for storage of photos and music
- A regular or broadband modem to provide internet access
- Setup a wired or wireless home network to share resources
- 3D graphics cards for improved game play
- CD or DVD writer to store and back up large files
The majority of parts can be installed by me in less than 1 hour.
pchelpathome.co.nz can also supply the parts at competitive prices.
- Service at home rather than having to drag your PC to me
- Reasonable rates
- No charge if I cannot offer a solution (No Cure No Pay)
- Friendly and experienced technician with over 35 years computer experience
- Prompt service
- One on one training available